We did calculations in Spanish -- adición, sustracción, multiplicación, y división, then took a quiz. We discussed how to do the Learning Report (it's all in the syllabus), and went over ocupaciones in Quizlet. Then we described famous people by name, nationality, age and occupation, using the handout provided in class.
Please note: Next week I am going to a teaching conference and so we will not have class. I will see you in two weeks (on October 6).
1) Learning Report #1 is due on Friday the 29th posted to the discussion board on Blackboard before midnight. All instructions are in the syllabus. Remember, make sure you check the rubric, to get full credit.
2) Due for next class (Oct. 6): SAM Capitulo 1 Actividades 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 22
3) Due for Oct. 6: Lab Manual Chapter 1 Actividades 9, 10
4) Study Quizlet sets "Objetos personales" and "Las acciones" for a quiz on Oct. 6.
5) I handed out two readings for homework related to Chapter 1's theme "Hispanics in the U.S." This one discusses Puerto Rico's relationship with the U.S. and this one discusses Mexico's relationship with the U.S.